[Lazarus] Lazarus Second Release Candidate, 1.2RC2

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 19:26:03 CET 2014

I noticed that the behavior of separatators and dividers in TToolbar
changed so that it now draws two lines for separators while previously
it only left some space... i do not think this is a good thing -
actually i initially i thought it was a bug and tried to dig in the
code to see why it happens, which is how i saw the comment about it
actually being intentional.

IMO the two lines look bad visually (i noticed them in the SVN version
and thought they were just a temporary bug that someone certainly will
notice and fix so i didn't mentioned them here) since in many themes
the divider's style is already made of two lines forming a relief. I
think that if something has to be shown there, it should be a single
centered line with bigger padding, which is at least visually distinct
from the separator. But in addition to that, changing this behavior
loses the previous ability for adding empty space between the buttons
(it can be "hacked" by adding a disabled button without label or
icon... but imo it is an ugly hack), so an extra style for empty space
should be added.

Alternatively restoring the previous behavior with an option in the
TToolbar to show separators in flat styled toolbar could be added
(although i'd suggest to avoid the double separators, they really look
ugly in my opinion :-P).