[Lazarus] editortoolbar enhancements

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Tue Jul 15 19:05:12 CEST 2014

Hi, Lazarus developers,

following the discussion of a few days ago about editortoolbar package,
I'm preparing an enhancement patch.
What I've done:

1) Added an option in Editortoolbar configuration, to select its
position (Top,Bottom,Right,Left)

2) Added a "Show toolbar" checkbox in Editor -> General -> Misc, and an
eoEditorToolBar to TSynEditorOption2.

What is missing:

1) A better implementation of the Show Toolbar option.
Currently Editortoolbar uses SourceEditorManagerIntf, which doesn't
expose (or if it does I didn't find how) the current editor options. My
quick and dirty solution has been just to read the editor configuration
file. As a consequence, a change is only taken in charge when restarting
the IDE, or when starting a new project.
Any suggestions?

2) Including Editortoolbar among the default IDE packages. I've never
done such a thing, and I don't know how to do it in a clean way.
Moreover it has to be seen if:

    a) It is desirable to do it. Given that it can be switched off I
    would be in favor.

    b) It is desirable to keep it as a separate package from the SynEdit
    suite, or it should become the umptieth SynSomething.

Again: suggestions?

Giuliano