[Lazarus] Need testers for the a new debugger

C Western l at c-m-w.me.uk
Sun Jul 20 22:23:40 CEST 2014

On 20/07/14 15:47, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> You are right, the backtrace looks normal. I suspected that the read was
> not being called from within the debug-thread. Although in that case the
> error-code normally is 3, not 5. But from the backtrace it is clear that
> this is not the case.
>
> You are probably right that it is something unrelated, such as the
> watches-window.
>
> But I can not reproduce your problem, with a rtl compiled with OPT=-gw2
> I can step through as much as I want. I did fix some problems with
> resetting breakpoints and did apply your patch to find relative
> filenames. Can yu update and try again? Maybe I'm lucky...

I haven't seen the spurious SIGSEGV for a while, so maybe that is fixed.
I am still seeing the spurious leaving of a routine on pressing step
into on one particular begin, but mostly it looks good - I think it is
rather faster than the gdb debugger.

Not sure about the spurious step - I notice on some routines stepping
steps to the end line sometimes and then back into the routine. Perahps
it is related to this?

Colin