[Lazarus] IDE bug handling translations?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Tue Jun 24 12:41:08 CEST 2014

Hi Lazarus developers,

in the last few days, (I can't tell exactly since which revision it
happens) I get an "Invalid argument index" in some translated IDE
dialogs, such as the dialog which prompts for an IDE rebuild when
installing a package. Sort of:

Invalid argument index in format "Il pacchetto %s%s%s è marcato per
l'installazione.%sAttualmente lazarus supporta solo pacchetti con link
statico. L'installazione dovà ricostruire Lazarus e riavviarlo.%s%sVuoi
ricostruire Lazarus ora?".

The same occurs with IDE language set to Italian and to French, so I
don't think it to be just a translation string issue.

Setting IDE language to English makes the problem disappear.

Environment is Linux, Lazarus svn trunk, fpc 2.6.2, OS both CentOs 5 and
Fedora 14.

Giuliano