[Lazarus] IDE bug handling translations?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 13:25:51 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Giuliano Colla
<giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> in the last few days, (I can't tell exactly since which revision it happens)
> I get an "Invalid argument index" in some translated IDE dialogs, such as
> the dialog which prompts for an IDE rebuild when installing a package.

I recently tweaked some IDE resource strings so that quotation mark
(") is now hard-coded in the string instead of passed as a %s
parameter.
It reduced the number of %s parameters and eliminated long sequences
like %s%s%s%s which were difficult to translate and required reading
the source code.

I did not anticipate error messages. Less params are passed now and
they should well fit in the old parameter lists although in wrong
places.
Anyway, the solution is to fix the fuzzy translations. The changes are
only in the parameter lists and our PoChecker will find any remaining
mismatches. Patches that fix it will be accepted. (eg. In case the
official translation maintainer is busy).
Sorry for the inconvenience. This change creates more work in short
term but makes things easier in long term.

See also a thread on this list titled:
  Resource strings and newline

Hard-coding line endings is still an open issue.

Juha