[Lazarus] Suggestion for IDE

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 10:16:51 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:07 PM, FreeMan <freeman35 at delphiturkiye.com> wrote:
> No, not YET, because I'm still learning and I'm not expert. I'm using rxset,
> I added #0025524. I have one more, I will add after more test.

Ok, your patch is for Rx library in CCR. It is assigned (maybe
automatically) to Lagunov Aleksey.
The wiki page:
  http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/RXfpc
has a comment by Matthijs :
  "If someone knows how the authors can be contacted, please tell us.
My russian is not too good."
Does it mean Lagunov Aleksey is not actively maintaining it and nobody
knows how to contact him?
Could you try contacting him somehow?

In any case your patch cannot be applied because it has no source file
information. It has only a dot (.).
 $ patch -p0 < ~/patch/Freeman_rxpatch_2.diff
  patch: **** File . is not a regular file -- can't patch

Additionally, a patch should be made from a top level directory so
path information is included, too. Easier to apply.
Like: svn diff trunk/rxsomething.pas > myrx.diff

You have included formatting changes together with actual code
changes. They should be separated as much as possible.
"Respect the style of surrounding code" is the basic rule, although it
is broken often.

You have commented out some lines instead of removing them. Just
remove them, the changes will be visible in SVN history.

Juha