[Lazarus] Fpcup problem with Lazarus

Koenraad Lelong lazarus2 at de-brouwerij.be
Mon May 19 14:11:58 CEST 2014

Hi,

I tried fpcup to get a "user" version of lazarus. With that I mean a
version of lazarus where adding packages is more easy than with a
packaged version of lazarus.
But I'm exeriencing a problem.
I ran fpcup and all seems OK, but when I make a simple project, form
with a button, I can't double click on the button to give it an
OnClick-event. I get an error (on the commandline) :
TDesigner.InvokeComponentEditor A Button1:TButton
TDesigner.InvokeComponentEditor B TDefaultComponentEditor
### TCodeToolManager.HandleException: "unit not found: Classes" at
Line=26 Col=10 in "/home/koenraad/development/lazarus/lcl/lclclasses.pp"
TDesigner.InvokeComponentEditor ERROR: Unable to find method. Please fix
the error shown in the message window, which is normally below the
source editor.
In the lazarus-IDE I also get an error-message, stating the same.

I'm running linux. My lazarus is at svn rev. 45085.

What's wrong ?

Koenraad