[Lazarus] EpikTimer v1.0.1 released

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon May 26 17:34:26 CEST 2014

On Mon, 26 May 2014 16:23:00 +0100
Graeme Geldenhuys <mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

>[...]
> I for one don't like the Lazarus Packages any more. I much prefer to
> define my paths to used units, and include path macros to make it work
> on multiple systems. MSEide and Maximus IDE does that. I believe you can
> do the same with Lazarus IDE too. The advantage of this is that changing
> a compiler parameter (new define, extra debug info or optimisation
> setting etc) immediately applies to all units used in your project. With
> Lazarus Packages that is a pain in the butt - having to manually modify
> many *.lpk packages. But that is my personal opinion - others are
> welcome to disagree.

You don't have to edit all lpk files. In fact you don't need to touch a
single lpk file at all.
See

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Compiler_Options#Add_a_flag_to_project_and_all_packages

And for those packages, that do not support your flag, you can define
excludes. How does MSEide and Maximus define excludes?

Mattias