[Lazarus] PScanner tkComment token type

Frederic Da Vitoria davitofrg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 00:24:11 CET 2014

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 23:39:59 +0100
> Frederic Da Vitoria <davitofrg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am starting to use fpprofiler. Because I did not know what parameters
> > should be sent to fpc, I decided to use fppinsert. At least one type of
> > "instrumented" code fails to compile:
> > // some code { some comment }
> > is wrongly changed into
> > { some code { some comment }  }
> > which does not compile.
>
> Note: In FPC default $mode FPC and Lazarus default $mode ObjFPC nested
> comments are allowed. It is not allowed in $mode Delphi.

Ah, the fourth way I wrote about :-) Yes, I could try this. but I am a bit
anxious at the idea of switching mode now. Couldn't there be code which
would still compile but with different results, thus creating unexpected
bugs? Oh well, I could try. I have enough test cases to be reasonably sure.

So I am less anxious to change something in the scanner, but wouldn't
something like what I suggested still be an improvement?

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org