[Lazarus] Error messages: cannot versus can't

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 14:55:37 CEST 2014

Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> On 17/10/2014 13:48, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> they've taken into account that a lot of
>> developers and users have by now learnt acceptable Technical English
>> from mailing lists.
> While I agree with that statement, there's probably many more who
> haven't progressed very far. See some forum posts... and probably quite
> a lot of forum posts that were never written because of lack of
> proficiency in written English.
> As always - lacking real world test data - it remains a subjective topic...

It's usually easier to read a language than to write it, although I'm
told that beginners usually send Morse code faster than they can receive it.

The frequently-cited error in comprehending standard English is the
worker who thought that drums labelled "Inflammable" were safe to store
next to a stove.

Does Lazarus etc. have internationalisation for Esperanto?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk