[Lazarus] Pochecker (was Fuzzy traslations ignored)

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 00:27:14 CEST 2014

On 9/20/14, Giuliano Colla <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> Now on Linux Gtk2 there's a significant improvement.

Fine!

> However there's still an issue:
> when there are many files, and you must scroll the window, the hint
> shown is not related to the proper icon, but to the one which would have
> been in that position before scrolling.

You mean, you scroll, then put the mouse over an icon and wait for the
hitn, and the hint is the wrong one?

> Maybe you'll find a way adjust the Y coordinate for Listview.GetItemAt,
> but I'm afraid that we're again in trouble, because the procedure
> TControl.GetClientScrollOffset is implemented just with
> /Result:=Point(0,0);/ !

On windows it displays the correct hint.
It would mean that this part:
  pt:= listview.ScreenToClient( mouse.cursorpos );
  item := listview.GetItemAt( pt.x, pt.y );
does not function properly unde GTK2

> With Qt no change: Icons are too small,

I tested QT-Linux, and IIRC the icons were the same size as on GTK2

> all items in one row,

Yes, that sucks.
Do you know if QT interface has a native ListView, or how is the drawin done?

> But, Qt is somehow optional (even if IMHO Qt widgetset is
> better and more complete than Gtk2) and we may live with it, if you
> manage to make it work with Gtk2.

Many seem to prefer QT on Linux over GTK2 (visually more attractive?).

Bart