[Lazarus] Pochecker (was Fuzzy traslations ignored)

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 12:28:33 CEST 2014

On 9/21/14, Giuliano Colla <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> Yes. That's the problem. e.g. you put the mouse on the first visible
> Icon, and you get the hint of the first Icon of the original window
> (before scrolling)
> [..]
> Yes. Should we open a bugtracker issue?

Yes we should.
I already have a listView example somewhere on my Linux VM, so when I
have time i'll do so.

> I know that Qt in itself provides a Qt_Listview, which should emulate
> Windows listview, but I don't know to what extent it's currently exploited.

I find it hard to beleive that the native QT implementatiosn does not
provide some method to allow more than one l;ne...

> In the meantime, did you give a look to my implementation of the graph
> window?
I did have a look at your code.
It looked impressive, but at the time I already implemented the
ListView approach.

> It doesn't exploit ListView, but it provides the same final result. It
> only lacks a better arrangement of Icons, but it's a rather trivial
> matter (after creating all of them, find the maximum width, then use
> this value to arrange them neatly).

Because all the drawing and all calculations need to be done by
ourselves, I decided to use a "standard" LCL control that is
_supposed_ to do all that just by itself.
This way we keep re-inventing the wheel.

> It might be a way to get more
> quickly a result, unless you want to take this occasion to try and fix
> ListView.

Maybe the current state of things (and the fact we show how awkward
the results can look) will trigger people in fixing the TListView on
GTK2 and QT.

Bart