[Lazarus] Pochecker (was Fuzzy traslations ignored)

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu Sep 25 20:17:36 CEST 2014

Il 24/09/2014 23:53, Bart ha scritto:
> On 9/21/14, Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Zeljan has fixed several ListView bugs now for GTK2 and QT Linux.
> - The GetItemAt() now works correctly for both Qt and GTK2.
> - QT showing all icons on a single line is a user error on my part, it
> needs IconOptions.AutoArrange to be True.
> (Actually it is a bug in the other WS that they AutoArrange always).
>
> Please test with r46317.

Yes, now also here it looks much better. Qt icons are a little too
crowded but perhaps there's still some ListView option to play with. Not
a high priority in any case.

What IMO isn't very practical are the percentages shown in the hint. The
pie already gives you an idea of the percentages. The actual numbers
would be much more useful: knowing that 20% needs translation, not
knowing the total numbers, tells much less than 5 need translation, or
400 need translation. A 5 minutes work or a full day work! A trivial
change, but very useful by my point of view.

> I'ḿ now planning on
> - extent the PoCheckerSettings
Very good.
> - implement some mechanism (listbox probably) to access recently
> opened master/child po-files
Very good
> - implement searching an entire directory for all po's (listing them
> in one of the lisboxes)

This would be very useful to judge the state of the translations before
a release.
But another thing which might be very helpful for individual translators
would be to search an entire directory tree for a specific language:
e.g. sort of *.fr.po or *.de.po. Same idea of all po's, but limited to a
specific language. Shown in a Listview, one would see in a glance all
the files he/she needs to take care of.
> I'm not going to implement any form of editing of po-files inside this tool.
> It is not meant for that.

What may be relatively easy to implement is just opening a specific file
in the IDE editor, which already has the proper highlighter for po
files: you check, find that a translation has some errors, open it in
the Editor, edit it, and then check again. This, of course, only for the
IDE version, not for the standalone one.

> Also any editing capabilities will start yet another series of feature
> request, until weǘe implemented yet another editor with tons of
> features, that in the end will not be any better than readily
> available tools for editing po-files.
>
> An option to open a given file in a user specied tool _may_ be an
> option, but is not very high on my prioritylist.

Let me know what you think of my comments, and if there is some item I
can take care of.

Giuliano