[Lazarus] Pochecker (was Fuzzy traslations ignored)

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 00:10:58 CEST 2014

On 9/27/14, Giuliano Colla <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> If Bart, who is the author and rightful "owner" of Pochecker, doesn't
> like the idea of making it too bloated, then creating a new tool becomes
> an option to be considered.

First of all, this is a community driven project, so extending the
PoChecker tool to have editing/fiximg/sanitizing capabilties is an
option, if so desired by the community.

I just did not envision this sort of tasks for the tool at all when I
started out creating it.
I already stated why I don't think extending it this way is a good
idea earlier in this thread.

About the scattering of tools/code for these tasks:

I created the SimplePoFiles, which basically is a rip-off of the
Translations unit (I cut out all parts I did not need) because:
- I needed line support (on which line does a PoItem start in the Po
file), and could not get this working using the Transations unit
(which uses PChars everywhere (PChars still creap me out), so I
translated all that code to be using Strings)
- My version then turned out to be 4 times faster loading a Po file
than the Translations unit, but that has been fixed in the mean time.
- I did not want to drag in the lconvencoding unit (all Lazarus po
files are UTF8, and lconvencoding drags in a whooping 1MB of static
data). Later on somebody added i18n capabilities to the tool, so this
argument now is not relevant anymore...

Maybe extra the capabilities that SimplePoFiles has can be ported back
to the Traslations unit. This would cut down on maintemance.


More information about the Lazarus mailing list