[Lazarus] Pochecker (was Fuzzy traslations ignored)

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Mon Sep 29 20:08:57 CEST 2014

Il 28/09/2014 21:13, Maxim Ganetsky ha scritto:
> 27.09.2014 10:06, Vincent Snijders пишет:

>> <mailto:ganmax at narod.ru>>:
>>
>>     26.09.2014 20 <tel:26.09.2014%2020>:53, Bart пишет:
>>
>>             I propose to add two optional files sanitization/cleanup
>>             features:
>>
>>             1. Make all entries that have formatting errors fuzzy.
>>
>>             2. Remove PreviousMsgId (comments starting with "#| ") from
>>             entries
>>             which are not fuzzy (in this case such comments are no
>>             longer relevant,
>>             but translation tools don't remove them themselves when
>>             removing fuzzy
>>             flag).
>>

>>         No, I'm not going to, and I strongly feel we should no go
>> that way.
>>         The tool is for checking.
>>

>>     It's a pity. These features ease translations maintenance work and
>>     are not covered by PO file editors.
>>

>> Maybe it is better to add these feature to updatepofile?
>
> IMHO it better belongs to POChecker because it already has most of
> needed infrastructure. E.g. updatepofile cannot detect formatting
> errors while POChecker can.

I believe that there's a simple way to go in the right direction.
Pochecker (when integrated in the IDE) is being added the capability of
opening a po file in the IDE editor.
The syntax highlighter for po files is already there.
Adding to the IDE editor some smarter po-file editing capabilities can
be done without a big effort, following the guidelines of the HTML
editor provided by the weblaz package, and perhaps implementing a
minimal codetool-like unit for po syntax (which is rather simple).

This could end in a smooth cycle: check, edit, check again, but even now
it's already usable: after all translations are performed by developers.

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Project planning question: when it's 90% done, are we halfway or not yet?