[Lazarus] New "summary" line in Messages window

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Sep 30 00:30:50 CEST 2014

On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:03:24 +0100
Graeme Geldenhuys <mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

> On 2014-09-29 20:33, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> >
> > The font is your normal font. Is it not?
>
> Under Windows 7 it looked different to me. I'll double check tomorrow at
> work. Maybe clearing out my Lazarus settings will help. The colors and
> gradient looked terrible under Windows - not sure if my Windows color
> scheme affected the look in Lazarus. eg: My Windows 7 color scheme has a
> grey background color for text, memo, treeview etc components.

The gradient is used when there is not enough space to
show all lines and you have to scroll to see them.

> > You can change colors in the options.
>
> Ah, I found it now. Thanks. I was looking for color options under the
> usual Lazarus theme settings.

I guess you mean the Editor color?

> > What information is hidden?
>
> I build the same project with different settings - producing different
> executables in different output locations. I'm pretty sure I used to see
> the "Linking..." message showing me the location of the final executable.

The IDE shows the last line of the FPC output, so you see, where the
compiler is currently working. Once the compilation is finished only the
errors/hints/notes are shown.
Lazarus 1.2.x also shows the Linking line only for a brief moment.

Mattias