[Lazarus] ShowMessage-Window size on newer versions of Windows

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Thu Apr 23 17:21:26 CEST 2015

When I use ShowMessage then often long file names (or other text)
require to break them into lines. I use a function for this.
But since Windows 8 (or maybe other versions of Windows too) the size
of the WidgetSet-Window is of fixed size (instead of that it widens to
the longest line in the window as it was before). This is a completely
nonsense-change! Who is doing all these bullshit API changes at MS?
I don't get it.

Today I stumbled about this web page
http://zarko-gajic.iz.hr/displaying-long-non-breakable-text-file-path-in-messagedlg-truncationellipsis-issues/
where the author complains in the same way about this issue
but offers a workarounds (but only for Delphi).

My question:
Is this workaround (usage of old style message windows)
available in Lazarus too?
If yes, how?
If no, can it be added?