[Lazarus] learning advice for FPC/Lazarus noob

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Mon Aug 3 19:37:33 CEST 2015

> You author your help using plain text IPF file.

Is there any Editor support for the markup?

Now I see that it’s the old OS2’s format and I was die-hard OS2
user. :-)

> Then compile that with a utility called WIPFC (IPF Compiler) to
> generate a very compact binary INF file. The WIPFC compiler and
> DocView are available from the fpGUI project.

Nice.

> Some technical info:
> INF is very compact and fast because the INF file itself contains a
> dictionary of words, built from the help text, and each help topic
> simply references the words from the dictionary. This also enables
> full-text search support as standard.

That’s cool.

> I use a text editor called EditPad Pro (my favourite text editor), which
> I improved the syntax highlighting and file navigation to make IPF file
> authoring even easier. But any text editor will do. No special tools or
> applications are required.

Do you know about possible vim/Emacs support?

> When you are ready, you are welcome to email me in private to ask more
> questions.

I’ve sent a post to FPC list asking about GUI options form FPC, but it
did not went through (yet). :-(

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The humble sages, by virtue of true knowledge, see with equal
vision a learned and gentle brāhmana, a cow, an elephant, a dog