[Lazarus] An online package manager

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 11:35:05 CEST 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Aradeonas <aradeonas at operamail.com> wrote:
> The most important part is it make easy to use packages and sharing them
> so increase the power of community and get more attention on each other
> work and attract new users to this brilliant space ;)

Yes but let's leave the spirit elevation speeches and do some code. :)
Well, I can promise to do code myself only after a month or so. I have
other activities and the weather is good etc.
I will hopefully get a new computer within a month, too. Now using a
mini-laptop.
Yet I promise to read and write mails.

> I'm researching about all same services ,next make plan and structure
> after reading exist codes and then invite every people that want work on
> some part of this if they want.

I can see you are new to open source. "Inviting every people to work"
does not work. You must create some working code first yourself and
then others _may_ join but it is not sure even then.
If you study the existing package manager systems too much, you will
be very confused.
The tools may have advanced server SW, Python, JS, web user interfaces etc.
KISS.

> For now I'm interested in community opinions so keep them in mind while
> the researching and planning.

Don't count on community opinions too much either. Everybody has lots
of opinions but very few people are willing to implement them.
It is so easy to suggest something "advanced" as long as somebody else
implements it.
The person who actually implements things has more voting power.
That's how it must be.

Juha