[Lazarus] Editor not syntax highlighting certain unit

Thu Aug 13 19:03:01 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-13 17:12, Martin Frb wrote:
> IIRC HL is chosen according to file extension .pp or .pas
> Do your files have those extension?

For the project I'm working on they are all .pp file extensions.

More specific, these units are pure code units (declaring unit tests),
so no Forms or other GUI's involved.

Just in case (not to mess with the parser) I tried some things with one
of the issue units. I made sure there is no BOM marker, also made sure
the EOL style is uniform (unix in my case). That made no difference.

I then opened that unit with MSEide and highlighting was perfect.

Also, as I mentioned these units compile just fine, so no syntax issues.
Forcing "Free Pascal" syntax highlighting for this unit looks perfect -
so no incorrect highlighting (suggesting malformed code syntax) appears.

Also removing the unit from the Project Inspector, saving the project,
and then manually using File Open to open the unit makes no difference
either. So it doesn't seem like a Project Setting is affecting this file.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/