[Lazarus] Editor not syntax highlighting certain unit

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Aug 13 19:59:01 CEST 2015

On 13/08/2015 18:03, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2015-08-13 17:12, Martin Frb wrote:
>> IIRC HL is chosen according to file extension .pp or .pas
>> Do your files have those extension?
> Also, as I mentioned these units compile just fine, so no syntax issues.
> Forcing "Free Pascal" syntax highlighting for this unit looks perfect -
> so no incorrect highlighting (suggesting malformed code syntax) appears.
So then it is not an issue with the HL, but with the HLR selection. I am
not sure what all goes into this.

It should look at the extension (the configured extensions are on the
color page of the IDE options)
It might (I am not sure) store info in the session (lps, lpi).

Not sure what else goes into the process.

> Also removing the unit from the Project Inspector, saving the project,
> and then manually using File Open to open the unit makes no difference
> either. So it doesn't seem like a Project Setting is affecting this file.

Removing from project would not necessarily make a difference. The
session stores info fore none project files too (thought that can be
disabled). It stores info for all files that where open while the
project was open. Same file can have different session info in different
projects.

Sorry currently no further idea.