[Lazarus] Lazarus compile project via ssh?

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 09:22:36 CET 2015

On Sunday 20 December 2015 08:59:35 Anthony Walter wrote:
> I am wondering, is it possible to configure Lazarus to compile a project on
> a remote computer running a different platform/architecture through ssh?
>
> I've been doing Lazarus development on Linux on a quad core amd64 desktop
> PC for a while now and it feels comfortable. But I do have a few arm6/7
> Raspberry Pi computers with FPC/Lazarus as well.

I successfully use cross-compiling and remote debugging from x86 Linux to
Raspberry Pi. MSEide has project templates for that purpose in
apps/ide/templates/crossarm*.prj, please see README.TXT.
http://mseide-msegui.sourceforge.net/pics/crossarm.png

It is probably possible to setup Lazarus to to the same.

The cross-compiling environment is here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcrossarm/

Martin