[Lazarus] Lazarus compile project via ssh?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Dec 20 11:32:00 CET 2015

On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 02:59:35 -0500
Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com> wrote:

>[...]
> This leads me to think, shouldn't it be possible to skip the ssh terminal
> command line compiler, and instead configure Lazarus to use an ssh to
> compile "fpc test.pas" on the Pi for me? Through shh the build results
> would go to the Lazarus message window highlighting and lines with errors
> in the text editor on my desktop PC?

You can use cross compiling as Martin wrote or you can call fpc
remotely.

Both machines must use the same paths. For example remote host
has a folder /home/user/pascal, containing FPC, Lazarus and your
projects. Then mount that directory via sshfs in your local host at
the same path /home/user/pascal.
Create a script to call FPC on the remote host. For example:

remotefpc.sh:

#!/bin/bash
ssh user at host cd "$(pwd);" /usr/bin/fpc $@

Test it :
./remotefpc.sh -v
./remotefpc.sh someunit.pas

When this works put "/path/to/remotefpc.sh" in Project / Project
Options / Compiler Options / Compiler Commands / Compiler instead of
the default "$(CompPath)".

Mattias