[Lazarus] New menu designer

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 00:27:22 CET 2015

Howard, as the author you also have voting power over the GUI.
Besides GUI design is difficult, there is never a "right" solution
that everybody would agree upon.
Yet I feel some things should be changed. All settings that duplicate
OI properties should either be moved to a bottom section of a popup
menu, or they should be removed completely.
Then the remaing GroupIndex feature from "Checkmark and radioitem
properties" dialog could be moved to the main window of menu designer
and the dialog then removed completely.

There are other usability issues, too.

I haven't seen crashes either. How to reproduce?

>From Kostas:
> Since the menu editor is redesigned, why not do it like in Windows Forms
> and NetBeans with the "inline editor" which is part of the form editor?

Good idea but how to implement it? It may not be a trivial task. We
can plan a future third iteration of menu designer to be an "inline
editor".

Juha