[Lazarus] Weird behavior of IDE (no executable produced)
zmuogs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 13:42:49 CET 2015
today I found a weird bug (?): if project's .lpr file is not in
"Unit0" section of .lpi file, then IDE fails to produce executable
I found this by opening old (~2 month) project with new (svn1.5)
Lazarus: "Files" in ProjectInspector becomes empty (also as "Required
Packages"), so I readded my project files and .lpr comes last. And then
after compiling no executable is produced.
I tested with lazarus v1.2.6 and svn1.5(r47935) with fpc v2.6.4 on
Steps to reproduce:
- start lazarus and create clean project of graphical Application;
- save project and close Lazarus;
- open project's .lpi file in editor and swap content of <Unit0> and
<Unit1> sections -> <Filename Value="project1.lpr"/> goes in to <Unit1>;
- save file and open that project in Lazarus;
- Lazarus complains about "The project does not use the LCL unit
interfaces, ...", you can add "interfaces" or ignore - no matter;
- compile project (ctrl + F9) -> message "Compile Project, Target:
project1: Tvarka" (done) appears;
- now try find produced executable - there is none.
Should I report a bug that order of units in <Units> section of .lpi
Sorry for my bad English.
More information about the Lazarus