[Lazarus] Need suggestion about crosscompile on osx

FreeMan freeman35 at delphiturkiye.com
Sun Feb 22 12:29:05 CET 2015

On 22.02.2015 07:45, Anthony Walter wrote:
> # make and install the default fpc.3.x compiler
> make all
> make install INSTALL_PREFIX=$BASE
> # make the cross compilers
> make crossinstall OS_TARGET=osx CPU_TARGET=x86_64 INSTALL_PREFIX=$BASE
> make crossinstall OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=x86_64 INSTALL_PREFIX=$BASE
Thank you so much for sharing Anthony
If I'm not wrong OS_TARGET=osx has to be OS_TARGET=darwin

> They are named like fpc.3.x/bin/i386-linux-as or
> fpc.3.x/bin/x86_64-linux-ld. You need about 30 of these tools for all
> platforms in total.
I have that. I created them from binutils source.
We talked this with Michael, I don't like copy everything to bin or x
folder. 'cos there ar be like a trash can. Later can forget file name
and version problem, conflict files etc. problem. My solution is, I
found this working on linux, make symbolic link. ls command show thats
in list, lint attribute and target folder. If copied file I have to
remember it name.
Just notice for binutil: When I working, I made link to /usr/local/bin
folder for ld file, compiler not found it, when I moved link's target
to/bin folder, its compile now.

> These are files like fpc.3.x/lib/x86_64-linux/libcairo.so or
> fpc.3.x/lib/i386-win32/user32.dll. There's probably 200 or so of these
> files you'll need.
> I can't tell you where to get these files, but if you're desperate you
> can pull them out of my bundle.
My plan for testing, Install other os in virtualbox, I can find in there
what I need library. But no need to loose time for looking for, you did
thats. Thank you for this.

this is my bimutils configure for linux x64, don't forget make & make
install
./configure \
--target=x86_64-linux \
--prefix=/opt/binutils/x86_64-linux \
--bindir=/opt/binutils/x86_64-linux/bin --mandir=/usr/local/share/man
--infodir=/usr/local/share/info \
--program-prefix=x86_64-linux- \
--disable-werror

this is my i386-wince configure for bin util, but I get error
./configure \
--target=i386-wince \
--prefix=/opt/binutils/i386-wince \
--bindir=/opt/binutils/i386-wince/bin --mandir=/usr/local/share/man
--infodir=/usr/local/share/info \
--program-prefix=i386-wince- \
--disable-werror

in result,
checking for version 0.12 of ISL... no
rm: conftest.dSYM: is a directory     --> here is a error but I couldn't
find yet maybe some one help this
checking for default BUILD_CONFIG...

and this is make error
checking linker --as-needed support... no
*** BFD does not support target i386-pc-wince.
*** Look in bfd/config.bfd for supported targets.
make[1]: *** [configure-bfd] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2