[Lazarus] Debugger Warning

martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Feb 23 16:53:46 CET 2015

On 23/02/15 15:02, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 11:44 AM, martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>>
>> there is an option in the debugger properties (the property grid in the
>> debugger options)
> In Tools>Options>Debugger>General? What option?
Sorry my fault, the option wasnt published.

I committed that, with added fine tuning "WarnOnSetBreakPointError"

But ultimately it needs 2 run commands, with/without debugger.

> No. Exception could be raised, but FPCUnit will catch. Without
> debug-info these exception not show a message. But I need to see the
> Heaptrc info at the end.

heaptrc shows without debugger too.
However it runs with (reduced) debug info.

I wonder... Even without debug info the exe (if not stripped) usually
contains enough for exceptions to be intercepted by the debugger. (I do
have to double check) But this is based on linker info and depends on
fpc ppu.

> I always create two Build modes: Debug and Run. To normal app, Debug
> mode has all options to debug and Run mode has nothing (nor debug-info
> or heaptrc).
The problem is that running an app without debuginfo in the IDE, still
runs it in the debugger (unless you globally change to not use any
debugger / dropdown in options)

Yet the new behaviour is to caught exactly that: running without debug
info but with debugger.

So in this case, it must always run without debugger, but toolbuttons
and menu  must visually indicate this, to make the user aware of it.

> The "problem" is only for run Test programs, ie, in Run mode I need
> check heaptrc.
IIRC you can add the exception classes to the ignore list.
Even this is displayed in the global options, it is afaik stored per
project.