[Lazarus] Debugger Warning

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Mon Feb 23 17:26:17 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 12:53 PM, martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
> On 23/02/15 15:02, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 11:44 AM, martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>>>

>>> there is an option in the debugger properties (the property grid in the
>>> debugger options)
>>
>> In Tools>Options>Debugger>General? What option?
>
> Sorry my fault, the option wasnt published.
>
> I committed that, with added fine tuning "WarnOnSetBreakPointError"
>
> But ultimately it needs 2 run commands, with/without debugger.

I will test but could not be as before or, better, why not show this
message only if there are breakpoints marked?

>> No. Exception could be raised, but FPCUnit will catch. Without debug-info
>> these exception not show a message. But I need to see the Heaptrc info at
>> the end.
>
> heaptrc shows without debugger too.
> However it runs with (reduced) debug info.

Yes, shows without debugger but the message (at the first mail) is
always displayed too.
Why not show this message only if there are breakpoints marked?

> I wonder... Even without debug info the exe (if not stripped) usually
> contains enough for exceptions to be intercepted by the debugger. (I do have
> to double check) But this is based on linker info and depends on fpc ppu.
>
>> I always create two Build modes: Debug and Run. To normal app, Debug mode
>> has all options to debug and Run mode has nothing (nor debug-info or
>> heaptrc).
>
> The problem is that running an app without debuginfo in the IDE, still runs
> it in the debugger (unless you globally change to not use any debugger /
> dropdown in options)
>
> Yet the new behaviour is to caught exactly that: running without debug info
> but with debugger.

OK

> So in this case, it must always run without debugger, but toolbuttons and
> menu  must visually indicate this, to make the user aware of it.

Good.

>> The "problem" is only for run Test programs, ie, in Run mode I need check
>> heaptrc.
>
> IIRC you can add the exception classes to the ignore list.
> Even this is displayed in the global options, it is afaik stored per
> project.

Not a good option for me. I have many exception classes. I need to
execute many times to know what add...

Thanks,
Marcos Douglas