[Lazarus] Promoting Lazarus: A Case Study Video

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Tue Feb 24 13:55:36 CET 2015

Il 14/02/2015 15:51, Anthony Walter ha scritto:
> As a reminder, if you could please use the wiki to make corrections
> rather than posting additions or corrections here, my life would be
> much easier.

I didn't find any link to a wiki in getlazarus.org, so I'm forced to
post just here.
Which Wiki did you refer to?

The video in your HTML5 page doesn't appear to be multiplatform accessible.

To play it under CentOs 6, which is quite popular in
enterprise/corporation environment a user is forced to install
proprietary codecs, which don't come with the distribution and may give
rise to licensing/patent issues, and a Firefox version directly
downloaded from mozilla website, and not subject to RedHat security
scrutiny.

I'd suggest a look to
http://techslides.com/sample-webm-ogg-and-mp4-video-files-for-html5 ,
where you can find an example of appropriate handling of multiple video
formats (by using multiple <source ..> tags).

Then there's a lot of tools for converting video formats, to provide
viable alternatives.
Under Linux, for example, a simple old fashioned

ffmpeg -i myfile.mp4 -f ogg myfile.ogv

does the trick of converting from patented mp4 format to free ogg format.

Under Windows the Handbrake converter is free and open source:
http://www.handbrake.fr/

Just my 2 cents,

Giuliano