[Lazarus] New FPC 3.0 and Lazarus 1.4 Test Installer

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 13:50:03 CET 2015

Jy, I believe you replied to me and not the mailing list, so I'll repeat
your message:

Hello Sir,

I have uninstalled everything from previous setup and deleted completely
the directory C:\Development,
I downloaded your last setup as stated in your message 2 hours ago, and I
have not added anything and I have not modified anything after the setup
has completed,
Win32 -> Compile + Debug OK
Win64 -> Compile OK, but cannot debug (I was not able to debug Win64 either
with previous setup), it may be an unsupported feature,
Linux i386 -> Compile OK
Linux x64 provides a warning that was not displayed for Linux i386
Ultima.dpr(199,1) Warning: "crtbeginS.o" not found, this will probably
cause a linking failure
Ultima.dpr(199,1) Warning: "crtendS.o" not found, this will probably cause
a linking failure
the compilation completes successfully,
the 2 files mentioned in the warnings are not present in
C:\Development\Freepascal\fpc\lib\x86_64-linux

by the way, you choice of including AnchorDocking is great and make defacto
standard as it is also default in FPCUP,
so now Delphi and the different way to setup Lazarus provides the same
experience for noob programmers who are used to switch between Delphi to
Lazarus,
your choice of colors for the syntax highlighting editor are good, since
there are very similar to the color we are used with Delphi, so transition
is easier.

Thank you very much for your excellent job,

Regards, Jyv.

Thanks for the feedback Jy. Yes I know about the problem with not being
able to debug 64bit builds, but for now I think we're going to have to live
with it. It will require some fixes which might entail quite a bit of I'm
not sure how to go about fixing it.

Regarding the Linux64 build mode warnings, I was able to reproduce it. I've
located the missing files and put them in the appropriate folder, fixing
the problem. They will be available with the next release.

Thank you for the feedback and for noticing the subtle styling changes I've
made. I'll continue to do more work in this area as well as creating an OSX
installer. Some of my changes to the layout and defaults are available in
the diff file mentioned in my prior message.