[Lazarus] Release model for Lazarus

Péter Gábor ptrg at freemail.hu
Sun Jul 12 20:54:20 CEST 2015

> On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 20:05:36 +0200
> Péter Gábor <ptrg at freemail.hu> wrote:
>> [...]
>> So where can we know that we can upload the translations without missing
>> future changes?
>>
>> A true release model with strict phases (including "frozen source
>> strings" at last, maybe two weeks) would be very useful.
>
> The 'fixes' branch only contains bug fixes. So almost all
> changes to resourcestrings are either fixing typos of the English
> version or add new error messages.

Here I was talking about any/all releases not only the current bugfix
release.

> Waiting a week means translators and maintainers must work with an
> additional branch.

If the bug-tracker's roadmap shows scheduled releases with date in the
(far) past and with open/pending issues then nobody can seriously think
that everything is ready and you are just waiting for translators and
maintainers to finish their job... and nobody can know the time when the
"waiting a week" was started, especially if unsolved issues are listed
in the roadmap.

I continue to believe that a signal on the start of "waiting a week"
would be very useful.

--
Péter Gábor
ptrg at freemail.hu