[Lazarus] Release model for Lazarus

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Jul 12 21:46:10 CEST 2015

On 12/07/2015 19:54, Péter Gábor wrote:
> If the bug-tracker's roadmap shows scheduled releases with date in the
> (far) past
Mantis roadmap features seem to be quite limited (though I am no expert,
and if you know better, then please correct me).

1) Lazarus is 1 project, but Mantis shows roadmap for the subproject
(patches, packages) too. That pollutes the roadmap/changelog.
2) There is no concept for the SVN revision, (1.5 or 1.4.3) hey show as
releases, and must have a date too.
3) All dates must be set 3 times for each of the (sub)projects (times 2
for release and svn)
4) there are only 2 option
a) Released
b) Obsolete

As it is now 1.2.8 does not exist, never did, only it was once planed.
It should be obsolete. But in order to do that one must first move all
issues that have this version assigned, and give them a new version.
(Well it is not a must, but any search that is from version x to version
y, will ignore obsolete and there is no way to include.)

This is basically a question of have much time to spent for maintenance
there. It is all possible, but we rather try to get something fixed in
that time.

The idea is to to a fixes release approx every 2 month, but sometimes it
is a bit longer.

> I continue to believe that a signal on the start of "waiting a week"
> would be very useful.

As for full releases there usually are announcements on this maillist
before they get done.