[Lazarus] I have some custom components, can I convert Delphi -> Lazarus?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 17 08:26:00 CEST 2015

Am 17.06.2015 00:22 schrieb "Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund at gmail.com>:
> >If you could consider alternatives, then you could take a look at the
> >FPC port of Turbo Power's OnGuard. I've been using this for years in a
> >commercial environment creating trial versions, leased software etc. My
> >port is available on Github [https://github.com/graemeg/onguard], but I
> >believe another port is floating around somewhere too.
>
> Not really possible because we have thousands of customers using the
> software which I am now considering porting to Lazarus. So I
> definitely need to keep going with the SuperPro system.
> I think I will ask the support at SafeNet for their views.

Maybe you can ask them to provide FPC compiled object files for the
platforms you need (under the assumption that their code is portable
enough). You'd need the .ppu and .o file and you'd have to stick to the
same compiler version (and if they depend on the LCL also same Lazarus
version). Thus I'd wait with that till FPC 3.0.0 is released in (hopefully)
a few months as FPC 2.6.4 is nearing EoL. Of course you can already check
back with SafeNet if they'd provide you with binaries or even better the
source.

Regards,
Sven