[Lazarus] I have some custom components, can I convert Delphi -> Lazarus?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 00:22:21 CEST 2015

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 09:33:03 +0100, Graeme Geldenhuys
<mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

>It seems a lot of that wiki text is out of date too. ;-)  So it is good
>you rather ask here or in the Lazarus Forums.

Well I tried reading the docs first because on other fora you are told
to RTFM first. Hard when the manual text is inaccurate.
I will use this avenue then.

>> Sentinel Superpro software protection dongle. It is mostly my own code
>> but it uses pas and an obj file supplied from Safenet. If Lazarus does
>> not work with this obj file then I would be dead in the water...
>
>Leledumbo already answered that.

It might be the killer for me then...

>If you could consider alternatives, then you could take a look at the
>FPC port of Turbo Power's OnGuard. I've been using this for years in a
>commercial environment creating trial versions, leased software etc. My
>port is available on Github [https://github.com/graemeg/onguard], but I
>believe another port is floating around somewhere too.

Not really possible because we have thousands of customers using the
software which I am now considering porting to Lazarus. So I
definitely need to keep going with the SuperPro system.
I think I will ask the support at SafeNet for their views.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden