[Lazarus] Newbie, porting class to FPC but get procedure assignment error

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 14:55:47 CEST 2015

On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 13:31:29 +0300, patspiper <patspiper at gmail.com>
wrote:

>The facts:
>- You have 64 bit Windows
>- You have Delphi 32 bit compiler that produces 32 bit executables
>- The Safenet driver installed on 64 bit Windows works with the Delphi
>compiled project

 Correct summary!

>> Question:
>> Could it be that Lazarus is anyway compiling for a 64 bit application
>> since it is installed on a 64 bit Windows 7 laptop?
>> I just assumed that the main application would be 32 bit as is the
>> case for Delphi....
>Lazarus/fpc is 64 bit as it has been installed through the Windows
>installer. This the major difference.

Well, I understand that the IDE may be a 64 bit application, what I
was wondering about was the target of the build. But I see tha it is a
Win32 application so thta should be OK.

>> But if I go into Project Options and look at Compiler Options ->
>> Config and Target -> Target-specific options there is a checkbox for
>> "Win32 gui application (-WG)" and it is checked.
>>
>> So I guess I am creating a Win32 exe as intended...
>This is unrelated to the bitness of the produced executable.
>
>If you don't have a Windows 32 bit OS installation with Lazarus, and no
>32 bit cross compiler, I can try to compile the basic code for you if
>you want in order to test.

I do not understand. I installed Lazarus a week ago from the latest
release and it also included the latest fpc. This should be able to
create a 32 bit application irrespecxtive of in which Windows it is
installed (32/64 bit)....

And I cannot provide the full source because it contains proprietary
key information for encrypting the data in the dongle.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden