[Lazarus] rc2 debugger error

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Mar 4 15:14:38 CET 2015

On 04/03/2015 13:37, JuuS wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> FYI, all the issues are exactly the same with rc2 as it was with rc1 as
> regards opening and running a published version of my project vs. the
> original/unchanged project. Solution is once again removing default icon
> entry in LPI file.
>
> Has no one else seen this?
>
> If you want I have no problem sending the published folder (it's not
> big) to someone who may want to trace it in some manner.

You can sent it. With luck it will reproduce. It might be something that
depends on the exact OS version/ setup you have.

Also you could try this: Debug the IDE when it happens.

- Start Lazarus, as you always to.
- Tools > configure build lazarus => rebuild with -gw in the options
- restart
- open project ide/lazarus.lpi
- F9

Now a 2nd Lazarus starts. In this 2nd Lazarus open your published
project, and try to run it. Hopefully it produces the error.
With a bit of luck the first started IDE will report that there was an
exception. Get a stacktrace.

Thanks