[Lazarus] [OT] Re: How to write an eficient lexical scanner/parser?

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 21:54:47 CET 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 7:58 AM, Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/03/15 11:57, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> >

> [...]
> >

> > When there is NO license information in your repositories , this means
> that
> >
> > "NO one can use them ."
> >
> > with respect to copy right laws or conventions .
> >

> Pointer/Keyword/URL please? I presume for when it matters, one would ask
> the author first...?
>

> > Thank you very much .
> >
> > Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
> >

> el es
>

> --

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_license
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain_software
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_copyright
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/License-free_software

"Personal" use is a different concept , because no one may know that a copy
is used whether usage is permitted or not for a copyrighted work .

Problem arises when "Redistribution" or ( "Derivative" works are
"Published" ) .

One is the following :

http://www.acm.org/publications/policies/softwarecrnotice

Some of these collected software published before a year in US , is in
"Public Domain" in the US with respect to a law  ( I do not remember the
year exactly but it is around 1970 ) .
ACM has denied this "Public Domain" concept by countering it with
"Copyright Law" :

More restrictive rules are effective even they ( restrictive and permissive
) are in the laws for the copyright holder .

In summary , with respect to copyright laws ( there are minor differences
in countries as related to Bern Convention agreement exceptions adopted )
anything is not explicitly mentioned is assumed to be not permitted .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk