[Lazarus] Package dialog ?

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Mon Mar 23 10:04:57 CET 2015

On 03/23/2015 09:46 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the rationale for duplicating the 'Add' button in the package
> dialog ?
>
> The buttons as they are now are highly confusing. I preferred the old
> system where there was only 1 button. That was clear and intuitive.
>
> If you really want to add a button (I will not argue that point, clearly
> someone thought it was necessary), then please give them a very
> distinctive look.
>
> * The 'add other items' (the one with 2+es) button would be more clear
> if you
>    gave it a 'New item' look. Which is, to my mind, closer to what it
> actually does.
>
> * The 'Add' button would be best served with something that resembles
> the 'Open file' icon.
>    Possibly with a small '+' sign overlayed.
>
> I don't care so much what the exact images are, but please make it
> something very distinct;
> as it is now, it is very confusing. I keep pushing the wrong button,
> they are too similar.
> After many weeks of working with the dialog, this should no longer occur
> IMHO, a clear sign that things are not clear and intuitive. Hence the
> request.

It is very unpleasant solution. Besides that with that "All >>" you can
add only directory with all files and then you must delete all except
that one file. With "All" you are adding only one file. Very confusing.
Don't know why anyone changed that. That should be simple, only one
dialog where Add units/files should have two buttons: "Add file(s)" and
"Add dir(all files)".
So, +1

zeljko