[Lazarus] (no subject)

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed May 6 16:39:47 CEST 2015

On 06/05/2015 09:19, Xirax Xirax wrote:
> A program like a person need a name and a face so there should not be
> continuously changing logo but I think Lazarus graphical interface is
> getting old and maybe I can help so I what to know who is in charge
> for this case and who did this in the past so I can talk about.

There is no single person.
Changing the logo(s) would be something that would be discussed by the
team (final discussion would be none public, sorry).

In general icons, splash, and similar are identifying a product in the
same way as the name. So IMHO they should not simple be replaced.
However one could *discuss* changes (e.g. crisper/softer colors,
rounding edges,...), But that would still leave the original in tact.

As for the icons: They where changed recently (few years ago). It took
me many months until I was able to find the task button again....

As for (configurable) replacements (IMHO): the first step is to document
where to copy the replacement, and then rebuild. That already works.
Of course if someone writes a package (yes a package) that adds config
options to the Tools/options dialog, then the main code can be changed
to allow all the hooks necessary, so that such a package can also load
the gfx.