[Lazarus] (no subject)

Wed May 6 23:36:33 CEST 2015

On 2015-05-06 09:45, Juha Manninen wrote:
> For some people the splash-screen is a "bigger than life" question.

[my 2c worth]

I don't give a hoot about the splash screen image. What would be an
improvement is if the IDE [or any application for that matter] starts up
so fast that a splash screen isn't needed at all.

Remember the point of a splash screen? The idea came about because a
application starts up so damn slow, they have to show the user something
immediately, otherwise they might think nothing is happening and might
double click the program icon again.

MSEide is a good example of an IDE that starts up so fast, it simply
doesn't need a splash screen. Can't all applications be made like that. ;-)

ps:
At least Lazarus IDE is miles ahead of Delphi IDE. G*d that application
starts up slow, even on my beefy i7 3770K system.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/