[Lazarus] (no subject)

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Wed May 6 23:59:30 CEST 2015

Il 06/05/2015 23:36, Graeme Geldenhuys ha scritto:
> At least Lazarus IDE is miles ahead of Delphi IDE. G*d that application
> starts up slow, even on my beefy i7 3770K system.

Sorry if I'm completely OT, but did you try to TURN OFFF hyperthreading
on your I7?
After some reading around, trying to figure out why the I7 I was
validating for our equipments wasn't as fast as I would have expected, I
discovered that HT, unless you have an application specially designed
for HT (i.e. almost no application in the world), dramatically increases
the amount of cache misses, providing as a result a performance loss
instead of a performance gain!
I just disabled HT from BIOS, and the poor 10ms of my benchmark became 5ms!
Of course it depends on applications, but it's worth a try.
Just my 2 c

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Project planning question: when it's 90% done, are we halfway or not yet?