[Lazarus] How to get image from xray device?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon May 25 15:10:23 CEST 2015

FreeMan wrote:
> On 25.05.2015 15:29, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> I want to withdraw those suggestions. Google shows that this is a
>> medical device rather than for e.g. non-destructive testing, and any
>> interference with it probably exposes its owner (i.e. the dental
>> practice) to massive liability and might be illegal.
>>
> Not to be illegal, 'cos This device in our clinic and using as long as
> five years. I'm not hack or modified device parts or etc. Law say "Can
> not do this" service & seller not gived any paper :)

If a dentist started hacking his equipment in the EU or USA, I'm fairly
sure that he would rapidly be in serious trouble with his regulators.

>> There should be nothing attached to the LAN port that isn't approved
>> by the manufacturer. If the manufacturer approves attachment of a PC,
>> there should be no software on it that is unapproved. If the
>> manufacturer approves attachment to the Internet, then assume that at
>> some point it will be compromised and- potentially- could injure
>> somebody.
>>
> http://dicom.offis.de/dcmtk.php.en
> I found this code, not yet found how do work in lazarus.

Quite frankly, I think that telnetting to that port 23 and typing
"help", or FTPing to that port 21, would be unwise and could get you in
trouble.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk