[Lazarus] Mac retina pain

FreeMan freeman35 at delphiturkiye.com
Fri May 29 17:34:03 CEST 2015

On 29.05.2015 18:17, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Their hardware build quality is brilliant on all there products. It's
> not just about the resolution though. Yes I absolutely love the
> crispness of hi-res displays, but I'm a creature of habit (aka old
> school), and just can't get the damn hang of OSX keyboard shortcuts,
> or their physical keyboard layout (no PgUp/PgDn, Home, End etc). Ok,
> ok, I do have a thing for keyboards too (I own a ton of them) - after
> all, the keyboard is my main input method for a computer. eg: in
> Lazarus on OSX I pressed F12 to see the form designer, but OSX grabbed
> the shortcut and rather showed be the useless desktop widgets (clock,
> calendar etc) screen. This is why I don't use Desktop Environments
> even under FreeBSD or Linux. Instead I use old school (again) Window
> Managers like JWM, so that nothing steels my keyboard shortcuts. ;-)
> Regards, - Graeme -
I'm still not used to keyboards shortcuts, for example: I found new,
move component via keyboard on form while designing, normally use ctrl
and arrow keys, in qt osx have to use  "cmd + ctrl arrows keys", cmd key
and ctrl key mixed. For reseloution I'm using 21" monitor via hdmi cable
:) and bluetooth keyboard and magic path.
I missed my desktop, kubuntu. 15.04 plasma 5 stable shared. I downloaded
afew min. ago. Maybe this wekeend I'll re up my desktop.