[Lazarus] Extending TRect breaks Lazarus

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 9 14:26:33 CET 2015

Am 09.11.2015 13:11 schrieb "Mattias Gaertner" <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:

> On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 10:48:02 +0000
> Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >[...]
> > Thanks, I believe, this should be added into the docs somewhere ;) if
it's not already there.

> The docs already note that the compiler uses a temporary register
> for 'With'.
>
> http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refsu58.html#x155-16500013.2.8
>
> Of course if there is no register left the compiler uses the stack.

Please note that this is an implementation detail. The point a user should
care about is that the expression of the with is evaluated only once
(before the block of the with is entered). Everything else is up to the
compiler.
(I would prefer if it wouldn't be mentioned as is in the documentation)

Regards,
Sven