[Lazarus] Extending TRect breaks Lazarus

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Nov 10 09:40:19 CET 2015

Am 2015-11-09 um 14:26 schrieb Sven Barth:

> > The docs already note that the compiler uses a temporary register
> > for 'With'.
> > http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refsu58.html#x155-16500013.2.8
> > Of course if there is no register left the compiler uses the stack.
>
> Please note that this is an implementation detail. The point a user should care about is that the expression of the with is evaluated only once (before the block of the with is entered). Everything else is up to the compiler.
> (I would prefer if it wouldn't be mentioned as is in the documentation)

This information is very important IMO.
The programmer should know which coding has which performance.

The reason for many slow programs is that
the programmer(s) do not know about such details.
If i.e. a loop over a huge array can be speeded up with
a slight coding change  it should be done.
The attitude: "don't worry about the details" is wrong IMO.