[Lazarus] Manage server task list architecture

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Nov 9 22:30:36 CET 2015

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015, Aradeonas wrote:

> I think like you but I doubted that is a good idea but now you have the
> same idea so it should be good.
> So I want to ask some question:
> What is the best approach to make a connection between cgi and service?

It can be as simple as files in a directory.
It can be as difficult as records in a database.

> Do you have any idea for users in the queue?
> for example user1 and 100 request and user2 add 100 and so on.

If you use files :
One directory per user, one file per task in the directory.
loop over user directories,
and always process only 1 file per user dir in the loop.

in sql that would be

select userid,min(task) from tasks where tasks.done=0 group by userid

for a table, for example
create table tasks(
   userid varchchar(100),
   task int,