[Lazarus] Why TDateTimePicker.Checked works as Enabled?

Gabor Boros gaborboros at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 20 14:48:02 CET 2015

2015.11.20. 13:21 keltezéssel, Ondrej Pokorny írta:
> On 20.11.2015 12:26, Gabor Boros wrote:
>> I am happy because TDateTimePicker have an internal CheckBox. But
>> completely don't understand why Checked works as Enabled.
>
> Me neither. How does Delphi behave? It has to be changed if it is not
> due to compatibility with Delphi.

Delphi compatibility not important for me but examined with 2010.
Checked gray out the text only. Arrow button is accessible.
If click on arrow Checked set to True without selection which is wrong
from my POV.

>> For me Checked=Selected.
>
> No. Selected is yet another property. Checked, Selected, Enabled - all
> three are independent properties.

Sorry. Mistyped. Checked=selected. I want to use Checked for
parameterizing a query and not for disable the DateTimePicker.
If I want to disable set Enabled to False.

Found an other problem. If set state of Checked at runtime in
DateTimePicker1.Checked:=True form eg. in a TButton.OnClick
DateTimePicker stole the focus.

Gabor