[Lazarus] Installing Lazarus on Raspbian Jessie on a Pi2B?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 22:11:48 CEST 2015

On Fri, 02 Oct 2015 18:49:23 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>I have now returned home and got myself the hardware for starting the
>development in FPC of my controller software for the Raspberry Pi2B.
>When I installed RaspBian it turned out to be the latest version
>Jessie and when I realized that I think I need to get confirmation
>here before I waste time:
>Will Lazarus/FPC run properly on a Raspberry Pi2B with Raspbian
>Jessie?
>
>If so is there a tutorial for that case somewhere?

Just to complete my inquiry here is a link to a setup guide:
http://www.tweaking4all.com/hardware/raspberry-pi/install-lazarus-pascal-on-raspberry-pi-2/

But it is specifically said to be working on Raspbian Wheezy. The
tutorial was written before Raspbian Jessie was out, though, so the
reservations in the tutorial might be against other distros different
from Raspbian. But I don't know this so I would like to find out if I
should downgrade to Wheezy?
Or if the installation procedure will work also on Jessie...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden