[Lazarus] Installing Lazarus on Raspbian Jessie on a Pi2B?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 23:48:05 CEST 2015

On Fri, 02 Oct 2015 22:11:48 +0200, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>Just to complete my inquiry here is a link to a setup guide:
>http://www.tweaking4all.com/hardware/raspberry-pi/install-lazarus-pascal-on-raspberry-pi-2/

I went ahead and followed the tutorial for installing Lazarus/FPC but
did it on Raspbian-Jessie.

It failed at the first make step....

These were the steps I took following the configuration of the Pi2
including setting swap to 1000 MB and rebooting:

Install Subversion:
--------------------
sudo su
apt-get update
apt-get install -y subversion

Retrieve the boot version of FPC:
------------------------------------
mkdir /usr/local/fpc
cd /usr/local/fpc
wget
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Linux/2.6.4/fpc-2.6.4.arm-linux.tar
tar xvf fpc-2.6.4.arm-linux.tar
cd fpc-2.6.4.arm-linux
./install.sh  (Reply /usr/local to the first question)

Download latest FPC sources:
-------------------------------
cd /usr/local/fpc
svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk source
cd source

Compile the FPC compiler:
-------------------------
make all OPT=-dFPC_ARMHF

This is the step that fails after some considerable time and the
message displayed at the bottom of the screen is:

[ 53%] Compiled package utils-fprcp
Start compiling package utils-h2pas for target arm-linux.
Executing command "/usr/local/bin/plex h2pas/scan.l h2pas/scan.pas"
The installer encountered the following error:
External command "/usr/local/bin/plex h2pas/scan.l h2pas/scan.pas"
failed with exit code 256. Console output:
TP Lex Version 4.1a [April 2000], Copyright (c) 1990-2000 Albert Graef

FATAL: cannot open file /usr/lib/fpc/lexyacc/yylex.cod

make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/fpc/source/utils'
Makefile:2650: recipe for target 'utils_all' failed
make[1]: *** [utils_all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/local/fpc/source'
Makefile:2895: recipe for target 'build-stamp.arm-linux' failed
make: *** [build-stamp.arm-linux] Error 2

What could I do to get over this error so the make can complete??
Obviously the make in the source dir should work, but maybe not with
the FPC version 2.6.4?
If that is the case, how could I get an ARM7 version of the compiler
to use for compiling the trunk version of fpc?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden