[Lazarus] Installing Lazarus on Raspbian Jessie on a Pi2B?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Oct 3 11:28:27 CEST 2015

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Oct 2015 21:54:40 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd
> <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

>> FPC binary. Once you've got it you can recompile FPC if you like (I
>> prefer to), then once you're happy with that compiling Lazarus is a
>> no-brainer /provided/ that you have enough RAM+swap set up.
>
> I assumed that by "The Other Place" you meant the free-pascal.general
> mailing list/newsgroup (I am using the Gmane news mirror) so I went
> there and tried to find something regarding this but failed.
>
> Could you specify the subject of the thread please?

See http://lists.freepascal.org/pipermail/fpc-pascal/2015-August/045156.html

Now that was when I was starting off with "Wheezy" dated 2014, which had
some library problems which were not apparent with one dated 2015. So
get the binaries tailored for the Rpi from the link I've given, if you
want to recompile (e.g. from Subversion) don't put in the -FL and -Fl
options until you need them.

After installation, check that there's a symlink in /usr/local/bin
pointing to your new compiler (expect this to be in something like
/usr/local/lib/fpc/3.0.1 if building the v3 release candidate).

Get the Lazarus source, but make sure you have enough memory before
trying to build using  make bigide  or whatever. If the IDE appears to
give problems with gtk2 try Qt, shout here if that doesn't make
immediate sense to you.

It's fairly painless, but as you'll see people saying on a regular basis
you've either got to start off with the right binaries for the RPi or
you've got to cross-build them yourself.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk